Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Salem Arts Association Events


I thought I would mention these two Salem Arts Association events, as I am one of their newest members! One New Year's resolution down (to join) and many more to go!

The Camera: Art and Craft show is going on Feb. 12 - March 16 at the Winfisky Gallery at Salem State College, where I went to college and eventually taught. Sadly, the chairperson of my department, Sandra Fowler, recently passed away. She was a wonderful woman & always inspired me to take my skills further. It's always surprising to find people in your life who for some reason have more faith in you than you have in yourself. That's the kind of person Sandy was. I digress.

The Art by Association show is a collaboration between the Marblehead and Salem Arts Associations, and will be on display at the King Hooper Mansion in Marblehead, MA from Feb. 2 through Feb. 24.

I do not have a piece in either show as I just became a member last night (!) but am looking forward to future events.

No comments: