Saturday, January 20, 2007

Illustration Friday, Superheroes


I've been wanting to submit something for Illustration Friday for a while now. This week's theme, Superheroes, reminded me of all the women who've gone before us: in science, in politics, in art, in education, and in the HOME. Women who stood up to oppression and resistance, women who defied the odds, women to held on to traditon while etching a better future for themselves, women who paved the way for us to be the women we are today.

7 comments:

studio lolo said...

Ah, Peabiddy! That's how we used to say it when I was a kid growing up in Boston :)
This is a very beautiful collage and sentiment. I love her subtle red cape!

studio lolo said...

Ah, Peabiddy! That's how we used to say it when I was a kid growing up in Boston :)
This is a very beautiful collage and sentiment. I love her subtle red cape!

Michelle Lana said...

nicely done!

moi said...

Your digital collages are so dreamy. I am really curious about the inkaid emulsions! I have never heard of that before. I love the translucent quality about them.

Brittany Marie Whited said...

this is beautiful! I think the "gratitude" and the cape are competing a little in intensity though. keep submiting!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous collage! I'm delighted to see a woman portrayed as super hero. Very uplifting piece!

Unknown said...

I think Brittany is right...the cape and the words are competing. I may rethink that upper left-hand corner. And definitely I will keep submitting. Thanks for the feedback. -- Chris